Raspberry and Cocoa Mascarpone Cream Pie
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 prepared 9-inch chocolate cookie or Graham cracker crumb pie crust (homemade OR store-bought)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Spread jam across bottom of prepared crust using a small rubber
spatula. Refrigerate crust.
- Combine mascarpone cheese, cream, confectioners sugar and cocoa
in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat mascarpone
mixture until smooth. Spread mascarpone mixture over jam. (At this
point, pie may be refrigerated up to 1 day before continuing with
- Cover pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate until filling
is completely set.
- Just before serving, arrange as many raspberries as will fit on
top of cocoa mascarpone.
- Place slices of pie on individual dessert
plates and scatter any remaining raspberries around each slice.
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie, 6 to 8 servings
Source: Icebox Pies by Lauren Chattman