Raspberry Mousse Pie
Fruity, fluffy and fabulous! A tender pie crust holds a lusciously light filling.
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/2 cup almond paste (from 8-ounce tube)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (from two 12-ounce bags)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons frozen cranberry raspberry juice concentrate, thawed
Mint sprigs, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, place almond paste and 2 tablespoons of
the whipping cream. Microwave uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until almond
paste is softened; stir until smooth.
- Spread almond paste mixture over bottom of
warm pie crust.
- Cool for 45 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix gelatin with cold water and lemon juice; stir with fork to
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix 3 cups of the raspberries and 3/4 cup sugar; add
softened gelatin. Cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until
gelatin is dissolved and mixture is warm.
- Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat remaining whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed
until soft peaks form. Gently fold raspberry mixture into whipped cream mixture.
Spoon mixture over almond paste mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled.
- In medium bowl, place remaining 1 cup raspberries, 3 tablespoons sugar and the
juice concentrate. Crush raspberries with fork and stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Drizzle crushed raspberry mixture over individual servings of pie.
- Garnish with
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Prep Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 3 Hr 20 Min
Makes: 8 servings
The raspberry mousse is also delicious served in chocolate shells or in parfait
Frozen unsweetened strawberries can be substituted for the raspberries.
Nutritional Information 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 500 (Calories from
Fat 260), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium
150mg; Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 38g), Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15.00%; Vitamin C 20.00%; Calcium 8.00%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate 5 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from