Sour Cream-Coconut Cream Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup regular grits
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons
butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
cup sour cream
- 1 chocolate-Graham
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan; stir in grits. Cover, reduce
heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sugar and butter.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into eggs; add to remaining hot
mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture thickens and reaches
160 degrees F (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and stir in coconut and sour cream.
- Spoon mixture into prepared
crust; cover and chill.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and maraschino cherries before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes