Strawberry Banana Cream Pie
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 large or 2 small bananas
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In medium-size saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- In small bowl, blend together egg yolks and milk.
- Stir small amount of milk mixture into dry ingredients, making a smooth paste.
- Gradually blend in remaining milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Cool quickly by setting pan in bowl of ice water and stirring.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup strawberry slices for garnish.
- Arrange remaining strawberry slices in pie shell.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Pour half of the custard mixture over strawberries.
- Top with banana slices.
- Cover with remaining custard mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Before serving, top pie with reserved strawberry slices.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.