Strawberry Chiffon Pie
- 1 baked pastry shell
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries
- Dried egg whites equivalent to 3 fresh egg whites or 1 cup whipping cream
- Halved strawberries (optional)
- Strawberry or mint leaves (optional)
- In a small saucepan stir gelatine into cold water. Let stand 1 minute.
- Add sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt. Cook mixture over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil; remove
from heat. Transfer gelatine mixture to a medium bowl; stir in crushed
- Cover and chill until mixture mounds when spooned,
- In a medium mixing bowl prepare and beat dried egg white product
to stiff peaks according to package directions, or whip the cream
to soft peaks.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, gently fold
egg white mixture or whipped cream into strawberry mixture.
filling into cooled crust.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours
or until filling is firm.
- Garnish with halved strawberries and strawberry or mint leaves,
Makes 8 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.