Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 2 1/2 cups fresh fruit
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cream Filling: Mix first 4 ingredients.
- Gradually stir in milk. Stir constantly and bring to boil. Reduce heat
and cook and stir until thick.
- Stir some of hot mixture in with the egg, then add back to hot
mixture. Bring just to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Cool, then chill.
- Beat well and fold in whipped cream and vanilla extract.
- Pie: Use any fruit that is in season.
- Toast the almonds and sprinkle over the pie crust.
- Fill crust with Cream Filling.
- Add 2 cups of the fruit on top of the Cream Filling.
- Glaze: Crush remaining 1/2 cup of fruit. Add
water. Cook 2 minutes. Sieve.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in fruit juice. Cook and stir till thick and clear.
- Optional: Add a few drops of food coloring at this point.
- Cool slightly and pour over fruit on pie.
- Keep cool until serving time.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.