Sugar Cream Pie
Sugar Cream Pie is a favorite in the state of Indiana.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup minus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Mix sugar with flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add cream and stir well.
- Pour into pie shell and dot with butter.
- Bake in preheated 500 degree F oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir ingredients in shell and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Stir again, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake about 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.