This is an old recipe from the 1920's.
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups light cream (half-and-half)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Combine filling ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 375 degrees F until golden brown.
Test as for custard or pumpkin pie, inserting knife in center and
if it comes out clean, it is done. (I test by shaking pie slightly
and if the center does not move, it is done.)
From the kitchen of Millie Curry.