"Toasted" Coconut Custard Pie
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted, divided*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 prebaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Heat 1 cup evaporated milk, 3/4 cup coconut and sugar in medium, heavy-duty saucepan
over medium-high heat until simmering. Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk remaining evaporated milk, egg yolks, cornstarch and salt in small bowl
- Gradually whisk egg mixture into coconut mixture in saucepan. Return
saucepan to medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 to 5 minutes or
until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- Gently stir in 1 cup whipped topping; spoon into prepared crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Spread remaining cup whipped topping over center of filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min| Yield: 8 servings
* To toast coconut, spread on rimmed baking sheet, bake at 350 degrees F until light
golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé® and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cream Pie Recipes