Tropical Coconut Cream Pie in
Coconut Cookie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs (about 20 cookies - Lorna Doone)
- 1 2/3 cups coconut, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large banana sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix cookie crumbs, 2/3 cup of coconut and butter in medium bowl until well blended.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom and up sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Arrange banana slices in cooled crust.
- Pour cold milk into large bowl.
- Add pudding mix. Beat with a wire whisk for 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup coconut.
- Spoon over banana slices in crust.
- Gently stir pineapple into whipped topping.
- Spread over pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.