Vanilla Creme Pie
- 1 baked pastry shell
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Scald milk. Mix dry ingredients, pour milk over them and stir constantly.
Cook until smooth and thick.
- Beat egg yolks, adding some of hot
mixture to them. Combine yolks with the custard, cook 1 minute.
- Add butter and vanilla extract.
- Cool slightly and pour into baked
- Cool thoroughly before serving.
- Butterscotch Pie: Use brown sugar in place of granulated sugar.
- Chocolate Cream Pie: Add 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa to the dry ingredients.
- Coconut Cream Pie: Add 1/2 cups shredded coconut to the filling,
cover with meringue, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup coconut.
- Bake 20 minutes
at 325 degrees F.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/6/01 1:32:29 pm.