Vanilla Cream Pie with Variations
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, salt, cornstarch and flour in a saucepan.
- Stir the milk in gradually. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
thickens and boils. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir a little of the mixture into egg yolks. Blend
into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
- Blend in butter and vanilla extract. Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into cooled baked pie shell.
- Chill for 2 hours.
Use Vanilla Cream Pie recipe except fold in 3/4 cup moist, shredded
coconut just before pouring into pie shell.
Use Vanilla Cream Pie recipe except use 1 1/2 cups sugar and add
3 ounces or 3 squares chocolate which have been melted over hot
Banana Cream Pie:
Use Vanilla Cream Pie recipe. Slice 3 large bananas and place in
bottom of pie shell before adding cream pie mixture.