Amaretto Apple Crisp
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 7 cups sliced peeled Granny Smith apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur) or apple juice
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and sugars in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry
blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Add almonds; toss well.
- Combine apple and amaretto in a bowl; toss well.
- Spoon apple
mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 9 servings
Source: Cooking Light
Per serving: Cal 204 (29% fat) Fat 7 g (3 g sat) Fiber 2
g Chol 14 mg Sodium 55 mg Carb 33 g Calcium 16 mg