Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 8 baking apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash, pare, quarter and core apples. Cut each quarter lengthwise into 3 or 4 slices.
- Put sliced apples in the bottom of a buttered baking dish. Add water.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and flour and rub butter into mixture to make crumbs.
- Spread crumbs over the top of apples, patting them down evenly.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for approximately 40 minutes. Leave uncovered.
- Serve with cream.
Photo credit: jeffreyww
/ CC BY