This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 6 to 8 medium cooking apples (Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- Wash, peel, core and slice apples into a greased shallow baking dish.
- Combine the butter, sugar and flour and mix with a pastry blender until
the mixture forms coarse crumbs Sprinkle over apples and bake at 350 degrees
F for about 30 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the top is
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.