- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a skillet, combine blueberries, sugar, and water; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients; stir in milk just until moistened (dough will
- Drop by tablespoonsful over blueberries.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until dumplings are puffed and test done.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings
Per Serving: 240 Calories; 1g Fat (4.8% calories from fat);
4g Protein; 55g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat;
1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates