Caramel Apple Crisp
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can apple pie filling or 6 cup peeled apples
- 28 Kraft caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine dry ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Place apples or apple pie filling in 8-inch square baking dish.
- Microwave caramels and water in 2 cup measure, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until smooth. Pour over apples; sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Microwave for 7 to 9 minutes or until apples are tender. Rotate after 4 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.