Caramel Apple Crumble
- 4 large apples
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated, medium Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- Peel, core and slice the apples thinly into an 8-inch square baking
- Mix 1/2 cup of the brown sugar with the cinnamon and rum.
Sprinkle on the apples and mix lightly.
- Combine flour, salt, grated
cheese, butter and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Crumble mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven
for 40 to 45 minutes until apples are tender.
- Serve warm with whipped
cream, ice cream or sour cream.
Yield: 4 servings