Easy Fresh Fruit Clafouti
This fresh fruit dessert uses only the simplest ingredients, and the most basic
techniques—it's a natural for summer, when you want the most bang for your energy
buck! Dark sweet cherries are the traditional fruit used to make this rustic French
tart, but if you're not up to pitting a bag of cherries, feel free to use about
3 cups berries, or bite-sized pieces of the fruit of your choice: peaches or nectarines
are particularly nice at this time of year.
- 3 cups pitted fruit
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) milk or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (3 1/8 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose
Flour or 100% Organic White Whole Wheat Flour
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 2-inch round cake pan,
or a 9-inch pie pan at least 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Place the fruit in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, melted butter, vanilla,
almond extract, and sugar.
- Whisk in the flour, stirring till most of the lumps are
gone. Pour the batter over the fruit.
- Bake the clafouti for 45 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center
comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven, and serve it in wedges, warm or at room temperature.
- A dab of whipped cream is entirely appropriate.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit: King Arthur Flour - kingarthurflour.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.