- 1 large pineapple, peeled, quartered, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a deep, 2-quart baking dish, combine the pineapple, sugar and tapioca, tossing to mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and flour.
- Add the butter and use a pastry blender or butter knives to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms a crumbly mix.
- Sprinkle the butter and flour mixture over the pineapple.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and the top is browned and crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 8 servings