- 5 cups (1 1/2 pounds) sliced plums
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup soft oatmeal-raisin cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons stick butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl, and toss gently.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cookie crumbs and butter; toss with a fork.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup breadcrumb mixture in bottom of a 1 1/2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Top with half of plum mixture; sprinkle with 1/3 cup breadcrumb mixture.
- Top with remaining plum mixture; sprinkle with remaining breadcrumb mixture.
- Cover with lid, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover; bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Yield: 6 servings