- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons finely ground skinless blanched almonds
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- Fresh raspberries
- Toasted, sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Process butter and sugar till creamy. Add egg and salt. Process.
- Add flour. Pulse till blended.
- Press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Freeze for 15 minutes until firm.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden around edge. (Crust may puff in center but will settle as it cools.) Cool in pan on rack.
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch and ground almonds in a medium bowl to combine.
- Whisk in eggs and egg yolks.
- When blended whisk in cream, milk and vanilla extract.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on raspberries.
- Place sheet in oven.
- Pour filling over raspberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes till custard is set and puffed slightly around edges. Cool.
- Remove side of pan.
- Garnish with berries and almonds.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
Yield: 8 servings