Snow Capped Berry Crisp
- 1 box yellow cake mix*
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry or strawberry pie filling
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ice cream, if desired
* Cake mixes no longer contain 18.25 ounces of cake mix. They are around
15.25 ounces. To extend the cake so that your recipe turns out properly, use our
Cake Mix Extender recipe.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together cake mix, butter and nuts in large bowl until crumbly; set aside.
- Spoon pie fillings randomly in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches, without mixing them together.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over fillings.
- Sprinkle evenly with cake mix mixture.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
Menu idea: Add festive cookie stars that kids will love. Start with sugar cookie
mix, cut dough into stars, frost and decorate with colored sugar.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/6/2002 9:30 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.