- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk (2 percent or fat-free)
- 1/4 cup creme de cassis (substitute Chambord or raspberry puree)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt or sour cream
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups sliced ripe strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sprigs of mint for garnish
- Scoops of your favorite ice cream
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch cake, quiche or
tart pan that is at least 2 inches deep and does NOT have a removable
bottom. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, creme de cassis,
yogurt and honey until smooth. Slowly incorporate the egg mixture
into the flour and sugar mixture, stirring until smooth but not
- Add one-third of the batter to the tart pan and place on the lower
rack of the oven.
- Bake until it starts to firm, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flatten, if necessary, to make room for
the remaining mixture.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the strawberries and the remaining
batter. Pour into the tart pan over the existing batter and finish
baking until solid and golden, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the
oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into pie-shaped wedges and place in the center of serving plates.
Sprinkle the plate and clafouti with confectioners' sugar.
with a sprig of mint and serve with your favorite ice cream.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.