Strawberries and rhubarb are a match made in heaven. This is a wonderful
summertime dessert. Serve Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with a small scoop of vanilla
- 2 pounds rhubarb
- 3 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup instant tapioca
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chilled butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon zest, lemon juice,
cinnamon and salt. Spread in 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- For topping, mix flour and brown sugar. Blend in butter as for pie crust
until crumbly. Add nuts, if desired, and sprinkle over fruit mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 45 mins | Yield: 12 servings