Bran Pie Crust Shells
- 1/3 cup bran
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Crush bran into fine crumbs; mix with flour and salt.
- Cut in 1/3 cup of the shortening to the consistency of cornmeal.
- Cut in remaining shortening to the consistency of peas.
- Sprinkle cold water over top of mixture, a little at a time, mixing with a fork until dough is just moist enough to hold together.
- Turn onto a sheet of wax paper and shape the dough into a ball.
- Roll out to fit two 8 inch or 9 inch pie plates.