Cream Cheese Pastry
Yield: one 2 crust pie
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and butter, mixing until well blended.
- Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Form each portion into a ball. Place each ball in a bowl and cover well; chill thoroughly.
- On a lightly floured pastry sheet, roll out each ball to a 12 inch circle. Place 1 circle in a 9 inch pie plate. Trim edge.
- Pour in favorite fruit filling.
- Seal and flute edges.
- Bake according to pie directions.