- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, heat milk and marshmallows over medium heat. Fold
with rubber spatula while heating. Continue folding marshmallows
have all melted. Remove from heat. Set aside until needed.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar. When egg
whites are foamy, add 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time and beat about
30 seconds before adding next tablespoon of sugar.
- Add vanilla extract
after all sugar has been added.
- Continue beating egg whites until
stiff peaks form.
- Fold melted, warm, marshmallow sauce into egg
whites until well incorporated.
- Spread immediately over pie or cake.
- If desired, bake in 350 degree F oven, until peaks of marshmallow
meringue are slightly browned.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.