Never Fail Meringue
This makes a tender meringue, and it will not weep!
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix cornstarch and water. Stir into boiling water. Cook until thick
- Let cool completely.
- Beat egg whites; gradually beat in sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
Beat into cooled, cooked mixture; continue beating until mixture
stands in peaks.
- Spread on pie.
- Brown in preheated 375 degree F oven.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.