Peanut Butter Pie Crust
- 1/3 cup chilled shortening
- 2 tablespoons chilled peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- Cut the shortening and peanut butter into the flour using a food
processor fitted with a plastic dough blade.
- Gradually add the ice
water, mixing until the dough forms a ball.
- Form into a disk, cover
with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll
out on a lightly floured surface until pastry circle is about 10
inches in diameter.
- Gently lay pastry into a 9-inch pie pan. Prick
crust gently all over with a fork, line with aluminum foil, and
fill partially with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake about 5 minutes, then remove pie weights and foil.
- Bake another
5 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven,
allow to cool completely, and fill with pie filling of your choice.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie crust