Sesame Seed Pastry
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Pour boiling water over shortening and stir until shortening melts
and mixture is cold and creamy.
- Sift flour with salt and baking powder. Stir flour mixture into shortening.
- Add seeds.
- Form a ball, cover and chill.
- Roll 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board.
- For baked shell, prick with fork and bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Yield: 4 (9-inch) crusts or 12 tart shells