Spry Water Whip Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Spry (vegetable shortening)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put Spry into medium mixing bowl. Add boiling water and milk and break up Spry with fork. Tilt bowl and whip with fork or mixer until smooth and thick like whipped cream and holds soft peaks when fork is lifted.
- Sift flour and salt together into Spry mixture. Stir quickly with round-the-bowl strokes, until dough clings together and cleans the bowl.
- Pick up and work into a smooth dough; shape into 2 flat rounds. Roll in between wax paper or on floured pastry cloth or board.
Yield: two 9-inch pies or one 2-crust pie
>> PIE PASTRY RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.