Toasted Coconut Crust
- 2 cups toasted shredded coconut, fresh or packaged
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick or 1/2 cup) butter, melted
- Stir the coconut and butter together.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes,
stirring now and then, until the mixture begins to firm up and hold
- Pat evenly into the pie pan and chill again for at least 30 minutes
Yield: 1 (8- or 9-inch) pie shell
Reduce the butter to 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick or 1/4 cup)
Melt it in a small pan over low heat with 2 ounces (2 squares) semisweet
Source: The Fanny Farmer Cookbook
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.