Frozen Peach Pie Filing
- 4 cups peeled, sliced or coarsely chopped fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and pour into an 8- or 9-inch foil-lined pie plate.
- When frozen solid, remove from pie plate and wrap in foil or other tight-fitting
wrap, using drugstore folds to seal completely. Label and store in freezer.
- To make pie: Prepare preferred pie dough and line an 8- or 9-inch pie plate (whichever
size you used to freeze the filling).
- Unwrap frozen peach pie filling and place in the pie shell; cover with a second
crust. Seal edges; prick dough with fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake until crust is golden brown,
approximately 45 minutes.
Do not let pie filling thaw before baking.