Apricot Cream Fried Pies
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried apricots
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- Vegetable oil
- Bring 1 1/3 cups water and apricots to a boil over medium heat.
Cook 30 minutes; drain. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Cool completely.
- Process sugar and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth.
- Add apricots; pulse 2 to 3 times or until blended.
- Roll pie crusts into 12-inch circles; cut each crust into 9 (4-inch)
- Spoon 2 rounded teaspoonsful apricot mixture onto half
of each pastry circle. Moisten edges with water; fold dough over
fruit mixture, pressing edges to seal. Crimp edges with a fork dipped in flour.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch into a large heavy skillet; heat
to 350 degrees F.
- Fry pies, in batches, 2 minutes on each side.
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen
Pies may be baked on lightly greased baking sheets at 425 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 4:34:46am 9/4/03.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fried Pie Recipes