Fried Dried Fruit Pies
- 2 cups dried fruit of choice
- Water to cover fruit
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 5 to 6 tablespoons water
- Place dried fruit in a saucepan and cover with water. Cook over
medium heat until tender.
- Drain and sweeten to taste with 1 cup or more of sugar.
- Combine the 1 tablespoon sugar, flour, salt, shortening and the
5 to 6 tablespoons water. Mix well and roll into a large ball. Pinch
off a small amount of dough and roll to a 4-inch diameter.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of cooked fruit mixture on half the 4-inch pastry.
Fold over, press edges together prick top with a fork.
- Heat oil (1/2 inch deep) in a nonstick skillet.
- Place pies in hot oil and fry until brown on one side. Turn and brown on other side.
Turn only once.
You can use canned biscuits in place of pastry dough. Roll out as instructed for pastry.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fried Pie Recipes