- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Crisco
- Water (to moisten)
- Prepared filling of your choice
* You may use ready-made pastry for two pies in lieu of the Crust.
- 3 cups fresh or well-drained canned fruit
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Crust: Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in Crisco. Roll dough out to 1/8
inch thick on a lightly floured board. Cut into 6-inch circles or invert a saucer
and use as a cutting guide.
- Fill the dough. Fold circle in half, using water to moisten dough at edges for
a tight seal.
- Deep fry at 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle with sugar while still hot, if desired.
- Filling: Place fruit in saucepan.
- Separately mix sugar and flour, then blend
with fruit. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar has melted and
syrup has thickened.
- Set aside.