Pineapple Fried Pies
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup canned milk
- 1 egg
- In medium saucepan, mix pineapple and water. Heat to near boiling. Reduce heat.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add slowly to pineapple mixture. Remove from heat when thickened.
- Measure flour, salt and baking powder into bowl. Cut in shortening.
- Blend milk and egg together. Add this to flour mixture.
- Roll out small portions of crust on floured surface. Fill with fruit.
- Fry in hot oil over medium heat.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.