Blackberry Sour Cream Pie
- 1 quart fresh blackberries*
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish pie
- Wash berries and spread out to dry.
- Mix together thoroughly the 1/2 cup sugar with flour. Pour over berries and toss
to cover completely, ensuring that the flour mixture is evenly distributed. Pour
berries into pie shell and spread them, mounding the berries slightly in the center.
- Mix sour cream with the 2 tablespoons sugar and drop by tablespoonsful over the
- Tent the pie lightly with aluminum foil and place into a preheated 350 degree
F oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve either warm or cold.
* Frozen blackberries may be substituted, but do not thaw them.