Blue Bottom Ice Cream Pie
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Graham
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons
- Combine blueberries and the 1 cup sugar.
- Mix water and cornstarch and stir into
blueberries. Cook at a simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Reserve 1/2 cup mixture
- Combine crumbs, the 1/4 cup sugar and butter.
- Press mixture into bottom and sides
of 9-inch pie plate.
- Spoon blueberry filling over crust.
- Spoon ice cream over blueberry
- Beat orange juice into reserved blueberry filling and drizzle over ice cream.
- Remove pie from freezer 30 minutes before serving to thaw enough to cut.
into wedges to serve.