Blue Bottom Ice Cream Pie
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine blueberries and the 1 cup sugar.
- Mix water and cornstarch and stir into blueberries. Cook at a simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for top.
- Combine crumbs, the 1/4 cup sugar and butter.
- Press mixture into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Spoon blueberry filling over crust.
- Spoon ice cream over blueberry filling.
- Beat orange juice into reserved blueberry filling and drizzle over ice cream.
- Remove pie from freezer 30 minutes before serving to thaw enough to cut.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.