Carrot Ice Cream Pie
- 1 1/3 cups Graham
cracker crumbs (about 21 squares)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate
- 2 1/4 cups
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter.
onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie place.
- Refrigerate for
- Meanwhile, place lemonade concentrate, carrots and sugar in a food processor
or blender; cover and process until carrots are finely chopped and mixture is blended.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in ice cream until well blended.
- Pour into crust.
and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
Source: Taste of Home magazine - February/March 2000