Cherry Coconut Ice Cream Pie
Pie Shell and Base
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Frozen Cherry Mix
Frozen Cherry Mix
- 5 quarts steamed tart red cherries
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 8 teaspoons ascorbic acid powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 (1 3/4 ounce) packages powdered fruit pectin
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine coconut and butter. Mix well.
- Add crumbs and sugar, mixing thoroughly.
- Press firmly on bottom and sides of 8-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Soften ice cream and spread in coconut shell.
- Spread Frozen Cherry Mix over top and freeze.
- Thaw just enough to soften so that pie may be cut in wedges.
- Pit cherries. Chop coarsely. (Fruit and juice should measure about 12 cups.)
- Drain juice from cherries and reserve.
- Add pineapple to cherries.
- Combine sugar, ascorbic acid powder and spices.
- Add to cherries and pineapple. Mix well. Let stand to dissolve sugar.
- Combine pectin and cherry juice in large saucepan. Heat to a full rolling boil.
Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add to cherry mixture. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Ladle into containers. Seal.
- Allow to stand at room temperature until set, about 8 to 10 hours.
Yield: 10 pints
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Pie Recipes