Frosty Lime Ice Cream Pie
This is a wonderful non-alcoholic margarita-type pie.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter,
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
(homemade or commercial)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Fresh lime and mint leaves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom and
up sides of a large pie plate.
- Bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely,
then freeze until ready to use (freezing will make crust cold and allow ice cream
pie to harden sooner).
- Partially thaw limeade concentrate; slightly soften ice cream and fold into limeade
(it need not be completely mixed at this point).
- Whip cream until stiff; fold into ice cream mixture.
- Spoon filling into cold
crust; freeze until firm.
- To serve, garnish each slice with a thin lime twist and a mint leaf.