Frozen Peppermint Pie
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners'
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed and divided
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened*
- Melt chocolate with butter in top of double boiler.
- Remove from heat and stir
in confectioners' sugar.
- Add slightly beaten egg yolks.
- Beat ingredients together.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Spread 1/2 vanilla
wafer crumbs onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 pecans over wafers.
1/2 cup chocolate sauce over pecans.
- Spread ice cream on crust.
- Top with remaining
- Top with remaining crumbs and pecans.
- Freeze at least 12 hours.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before cutting.
* If peppermint ice cream is unavailable, substitute with 1 quart vanilla
ice cream mixed with 1 cup crushed peppermint.