Lemon-Ginger Ice Cream Pie
- 9 (2-inch) gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 (15.75 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place cookies in food processor bowl with metal blade or blender container; process
20 to 30 seconds or until crumbs are very fine. Reserve 2 teaspoons crumbs for garnish.
- To remaining crumbs in food processor bowl, add corn flake crumbs, sugar and
- With machine running, add water, processing until blended. Press mixture firmly
in bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine pie filling and lemon juice until well blended. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together ice cream and lemon peel just until mixed. Quickly
spread half of ice cream mixture in crust-lined pan.
- Top with pie filling mixture, spreading evenly.
- Spoon remaining ice cream mixture over top; spread evenly to cover.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Freeze at least 2 hours or until firm in center.
- To serve, let pie stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting