Mississippi Mud Pie
- 1/2 (8 1/2 ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart
coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups fudge sauce or chocolate fudge ice cream
- Whipped cream, sliced almonds, chocolate curls
- Crush chocolate wafers and set aside.
- Melt butter in large frying pan over low
- Add crushed wafers and toss in butter to coat well.
- Press crumb mixture into
a 9-inch pie plate and allow to cool.
- Soften ice cream and spoon onto wafer crust.
- Freeze until firm.
- Top with cold fudge sauce. Store in freezer about 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove from freezer and allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, top with whipped cream and sliced almonds or chocolate curls.