Neapolitan Ice Cream Pie
Coconut Pie Crust
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- 1/8 cup rum
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate, melted
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
- Coconut Pie Crust. Combine coconut and butter; press on bottom and sides of prepared
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool; chill before filling.
- In cold mixing bowl, stir vanilla ice cream to soften; add sour cream, nuts and
rum. (If mixture becomes too soft, return to freezer until nearly firm.) Spread
half the mixture in each pie shell.
- Using small or medium ice cream scoop, shape the chocolate and strawberry ice
cream into balls; arrange atop vanilla layer in pie shell. Cover and freeze.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate; top with additional toasted almonds, if desired.
- For easy serving, dip bottom of each pie plate in warm water for a few seconds