Peach Melba Ice Cream Pie
with Raspberry Sauce
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 quart peach ice cream, softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups sliced peaches, sweetened
- Combine coconut, nuts and butter. Press firmly and evenly against bottom and
sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden
- Spoon peach ice cream into crust, spreading to edges. Freeze until firm.
vanilla ice cream over the peach ice cream. Freeze.
- Raspberry Sauce: Drain raspberries, reserving syrup.
- In small saucepan, combine
sugar, cornstarch and reserved syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until thickened. Boil 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in raspberries; cool.
- Just before serving,
arrange peaches on pie.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with raspberry sauce.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.