Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
- 1 (9-inch) Butter Crunch Pie Crust
- 1 cup cooked
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 cup Syrup for Ice Cream Pie
Butter Crunch Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Syrup for Ice Cream Pie
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix all Pie Crust ingredients in glass pie plate.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, moving
ingredients from the edges to the center of pan a couple of times during baking.
Press against sides of pan. Let cool.
- Spread ice cream in pie shell, place in freezer until thoroughly frozen.
together pumpkin, sugar, salt, and spices.
- Whip cream until stiff and fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon into frozen pie over
- Replace in freezer until ready to use.
- To serve, cover with additional
whipped cream. Drizzle with syrup.
- Syrup: Boil sugar, syrup, and water until it just begins to thicken. When cool,
add vanilla extract.