Strawberry-Coconut Ice Cream Pie
- 21 shortbread cookies processed into fine crumbs (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sweetened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pint strawberry
ice cream and strawberry sherbet blend, slightly softened,
or plain strawberry ice cream
- 1 pint coconut gelato or ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- Toasted coconut,
for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In processor, whirl crumbs and coconut until well blended and coconut is
very finely chopped.
- Add butter; pulse until evenly moistened.
- Pat into 9-inch
- Bake for 10 minutes, until firm and lightly golden.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Drop alternate spoonsful of both ice creams into crust. Swirl together with
tip of knife to marbleize.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- Beat cream and sugar until billowy peaks form.
- Garnish servings with cream and, if desired, coconut.
Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 445 calories, 5 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate, 30 g fat, 0 fiber,
107 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium